Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Time to move on to the next stop...

Oh my, oh my, oh my.

This is my last night in Shelbyville.  I cannot believe that six weeks passed so quickly.

I have a new family, a new home, a new community; I have learned so much; I have been challenged in so many ways.

I have been discipled.  I have learned about who God is and who He says I am. I have learned some of my strengths and some areas in which I need growth.  I have "learned" how to cook. I have learned new truths through the study of the Word.   I have learned the importance of discipleship.  I have seen the big picture of the Bible and gained a new understanding of the Old Testament.  I have been reminded of the urgency to take the Gospel to the ends of the earth.

I have helped with a very unique Bible School.  I have remodeled a college room at the church.  I have ministered at the fair.  I have been an Upward basketball coach.  I have served and studied the Bible at the Open Door of Hope men's shelter.  I have served lunch at Victory Baptist.

I have been encouraged, disciplined, held accountable, loved, and poured into.  I, in turn, hope that I have done all of these things.

I have done all of these things--and so much more--with 13 brothers and sisters in Christ.

Tomorrow (or today rather), we begin the last part of our journey: Ecuador.  So come, Holy Spirit; fill us up and send us out, that the Gospel may be preached to the ends of the earth.

Here we go... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment